One of the worst things you could do when planning a trip is wait until the last hour to book your lodging. I’ve been burned more times than I can count, simply because I didn’t keep track of what was as well as wasn’t booked. I still remember 1 certainly haunting memory where I had booked snowboarding lessons, bought tickets for ski lifts, as well as even paid in advance for the snowboarding device to ride down the mountain at this awesome resort! Despite my thorough planning, I managed to forget the most crucial booking – a place to sleep! By some miracle, every one of us were able to find a hotel within 2 miles of the resort that had a room available for four grown women – myself included – to bunk until the afternoon. When every one of us arrived to the hotel, every one of us quickly understood why the hotel reMEd open! It was in the single digits outside, however the main lobby of the hotel felt the same! Both of us asked the front desk attendant if the heating method was broken, although she said it was just slow to work, as well as insisted our room would be sizzling by the time every one of us got to it. Our slow walk to the room was less reassuring, as each step seemed to be further into the cold. Once every one of us got to the room, it was evident that there was no functional heating method in the hotel at all. As soon as I walked into the room, I felt my heart sink. Thankfully, my friends noticed that our hotel room had a fireplace! Not only was it functional, however it was a ventless gas-powered fireplace that didn’t need wood logs. Both of us were excited to use it, as well as every one of us promptly ignored the warnings beside the fireplace about not sleeping with the fire going. Both of us knew we’d freeze to death if every one of us didn’t have the fire going through the evening, so every one of us just took turns watching the fire.