You know, some things never cease to amaze me. However being a homeowner comes with all kind of exciting surprises. Especially if you’re living in an older home that has had many previous owners. That’s the case with our older house, and it’s the oldest building in our entire town. The two of us have found all kinds of things in this place that you wouldn’t understand or believe. Behind our electrical wiring panel, the two of us found an old hat. It dated back to 1912! The people I was with and I also found antique Dr. Pepper bottle buried in the ground beneath our deck. If you don’t know what an antique Dr. Pepper bottle looks like, you are honestly missing out! The most recent thing was just crazy and could have caused us lots of problems. We had been having some concerns with our heating and cooling system in our house. The old gas furnace would never kick on when it was supposed to plus the a/c wasn’t cooling correctly, either. It was honestly driving us crazy and the two of us didn’t have the money to call a professional Heating & A/C serviceman to come out and fix it for us. My husband and I figured that our a/c plus our gas furnace was rigged up halfway like the rest of the house. Sure enough, when the two of us crept downstairs to the basement to check out the Heating & A/C unit, everything was done in a amateur manner. We’d never honestly looked at the heating and a/c unit very carefully, because we’d never had a problem with it before. After the two of us started examining it, it was amazing that we’d lived in the old house without it burning down! The way they had the a/c unit wired and taped all over the place was genuinely a fire hazard. So the two of us had to spend the money and call the local Heating & A/C company to come out and take a look. He did some repairs and got everything up to code on the a/c unit.