My flu symptoms stopped after I quit using wood as our source for indoor heat

I study the news this day and l received that tomorrow’s low is supposed to be 15 degrees.

  • Every one of us had weather in the 60s this week so the abrupt drop out of nowhere was completely unexpected.

I have a furnace that needs repairs but the costs are going to outweigh a full replacement. The concern is that I don’t have the cash yet, and won’t until after I receive our tax refund. That means I’m trying to get by with it through the end of this Winter season, while using our wood stove as our primary source of heat. Unfortunately, that meant I needed to chop a week’s worth of wood in an afternoon if I wanted to last through the entire cold front. I don’t guess from where I mustered the strength, however I blasted through numerous sizable logs of wood in a more than three hour window. When all was said and done, I thought our worries were behind me. The distraught reality was that once I had a fire going, I was having severe respiratory problems. My lungs felt like they were on fire and I kept coughing and gasping for air. I figured that perhaps our chimney was too dirty and I was inhaling too much smoke fumes. But, after the chimney was cleaned, the concern persisted. I decided to buy a few space gas oil furnaces and stop burning wood altogether to see if it would have some quantifiable effect on our breathing problems. I was amazed when our symptoms disappeared the afternoon after I stopped burning wood. Sooner or later, I’m going to replace the old furnace and use it exclusively. It might be okay for some people, but our lungs just cannot handle the wood smoke.

furnace/heater tune-up