Since moving into my home, eleven years ago, the basement has been wet. Storing anything in the basement has been a challenge. I needed to set the items up on blocks to prevent water damage. Plus, the excessive moisture led to problems with mold & mildew, plus musty smells. Although I tried all sorts of things to prevent the moisture, I was unsuccessful. A neighbor of mine recommended that I invest in a dehumidifier. I went online, did some research & was surprised by the affordability of new dehumidifiers. I ordered a component from Amazon, with free shipping, & it arrived at my door a few afternoons later. I assumed the dehumidifier would be rather complicated & time-consuming to set up. I was pleasantly surprised that the component was lightweight, fairly charming, & required little more than plugging it in. The controls are self-explanatory, & I had it up & running within ten seconds. I started out by allowing the dehumidifier to collect the water in a reservoir which then needed to be emptied. Every time the reservoir filled, the dehumidifier would shut down. I then figured out how to attach a garden hose to the dehumidifier, which drains the water outside. This eliminated the repair & allows the dehumidifier to operate non stop, with no interruptions. Within a couple of afternoons, I noticed a significant improvement in the air quality of the basement. The floor & walls are now dry. I am now considering the greater investment into a whole-lake beach house dehumidifier which would incorporate into my home’s a/c.