We are losing effectiveness

Since moving into my home, eleven years ago, the basement has been wet.  Storing anything in the basement has been a challenge. I needed to set the items up on blocks to prevent water damage.  Plus, the excessive moisture led to problems with mold and mildew, and musty smells. Although I tried all sorts of things to prevent the moisture, I was unsuccessful.  A acquaintance of mine recommended that I invest in a dehumidifier. I went online, did some research and was surprised by the affordability of current dehumidifiers. I ordered a device from Amazon, with free shipping, and it arrived at my door a few days later.  I assumed the dehumidifier would be rather complicated and time-consuming to set up. I was pleasantly surprised that the device was lightweight, fairly charming, and required little more than plugging it in. The controls are simple, and I had it up and running within multiple hours.  I started out by allowing the dehumidifier to collect the water in a reservoir which then needed to be emptied. Every time the reservoir filled, the dehumidifier would shut down. I then figured out how to attach a garden hose to the dehumidifier, which drains the water outside. This eliminated the maintenance and allows the dehumidifier to operate non stop, with no interruptions.  Within a couple of days, I noticed a significant improvement in the air quality of the basement. The floor and walls are now dry. I am now considering the larger investment into a whole-apartment dehumidifier which would incorporate into my home’s cooling system.

dehumidifier