A few weeks ago, our little 22 year old kid obtained his very first house. He saved up all through school, and managed to save up enough for a small starter house. His Dad and I are certainly feeling proud and ecstatic, because the new place is only three houses down from our house. We’re really lucky to have him here and it’s been fantastic having Joey so close to home again, but he definitely needs a lot of help with his house at this point. He obtained an older 1950’s concrete block home, and he was able to get the house for cheap because it was up as a short sale. There was work to be done. After moving into the house, my boy and his Dad fixed up the flooring and carefully repaired some roof damage. My husband has been over there pretty much constantly. Then a few days ago, he called our husband to ask for more help. He said the Heating, Ventilation plus A/C equipment at his home was about to explode! My husband went running over to the house, to check on the Heating, Ventilation plus A/C equipment and see what this emergency was. My husband quickly recognized the concern as soon as he managed to remove the panel from the Heating, Ventilation plus A/C unit. Our stupid kid had been cleaning and reusing his air filter for months. Our kid was routinely cleaning it and placing it back in the system. The air filter was only a disposable filter, and in terrible shape. Maybe our boy isn’t ready to live alone yet, after all.